Wednesday, September 19, 2007

expectations

I'm really looking forward to not being the Production Manager in 2008. It's an odd notion when you think about it, giving up a rather hefty title, but honestly, managing really isn't my forte. I operate better working on projects and creating and developing, rather than following routine and *ahem* procedure. It could be slower process though, finding my replacement, but hopefully by the end of the year I'll be spending most of my time running data analysis, maybe even design or copywriting. That could be interesting.

Tonight was the first real night of Cornerstone and it was fun. I'm really beginning to notice the age difference though between myself and a 7th grader. For the first time I'm finding it hard to connect with students and really have to strive to form those relationships. I don't know if it's always been like this, because whenI think about it, I already did have pre-established relationships with most of the kids in youth grou pbefore this year. The crop of 7th graders this year really is foreign to me for the most part.

Kairos is tomorrow night. Brian, Tricia, and Alyssa came over last night and we put together the three girl's d-groups. Should be interesting.

There's so much on my mind and I hate that right now I'm a bit preoccupied with one question: why the heck did he call? It's easier not to be friends, so let's just stay like this please.

No comments: