Friday, May 23, 2008

on holiday

This afternoon at work there was a delightful change of pace when Abbey and I had to covertly build three new chairs (which we did in under an hour, because we generally rock). There's a long explaination as to why the Customer Service Manager and the Analyst had to quickly (and secretly) build these chairs, but that's whole other chapter of crazy.

Though honestly I think everyone was in a fine form, what with half the office out and the rest of us giddy with the promise of an extended weekend. I especially appreciated the e-mail thread debating whether it would be better to spend "stimulate-the-economy" money on going to the UK and following the The Rocket Summer tour or going to New Zealand and somehow ending up getting involved with the production of Voyage of The Dawn Treader.

I ended up voting for New Zealand, deciding that once production wrapped, I could become a shepherdess, a profession I think I have grossly romanticized.

No comments: